Monday, March 5, 2012

choosing joy

Positive. Something I want to be. Something easier said than done. Something I often am not. Something I am striving to be. I think it's sometimes just easier to complain rather than deal with the problem at hand.I become negative about situations as soon as I see something I do not like or as soon as something becomes difficult. I'm not sure why I feel the need to express this to others. Maybe it's in the hope that they'll fix it for me :) Or maybe it's just a selfish desire and me wanting to let others know what a hard time I am having so that they will sympathize with me. My family is often the recipient of my complaints and negativity. I have been thinking this through for several months and have observed people who are both positive and negative. The main difference I noticed was a joyfulness. People who are positive have a tendency to be happier because they don't focus on all the bad. They choose to focus on all the good that is happening around them, and that automatically brings a joy. So I am striving to be positive. I don't want to complain about work, school, friendships, church, or really just anything. I want to focus on all the amazing things in my life and keep Christ at the center of it all. Because when my eyes are on Him, everything else in life falls into place....even during the hard times.Focusing on Him brings peace and joy. That peace and joy enables us to live life to the fullest, and that is ultimately what I want to be doing. Live life abundantly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment