Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Almost five months...

....Since my last blog post. Clearly blogging is not my strong point. I did however have a crazy semester as well as working a decent amount so blogging was not my top priority :) My classes this semester challenged me in a lot of new ways. Statistics class was by far the most difficult. It forced me to persevere in a way that I had not been required to before. I struggled with feeling hopeless and as though I would not be able to conquer it, but God graciously helped me persevere! I'm relieved the semester is over and I have been enjoying my break! 


I am now moved into my new bedroom :) There are still a few small details that need to be finished but I love it! My colors are grey and yellow and they go so well together. I love everything about it, and am excited to decorate it! I am so grateful for all the time and work my grandparents put into the room! It was not an easy task, but they did a phenomenal job. 


I've been thinking about the New Year that is approaching and all that it will bring. 2012 will be the year I graduate with my Associates Degree in Accounting (I'll be finished next December)! I'm so excited to think that I'll be done with this stage of my education next year! I am praying and considering going for my Bachelor's Degree afterwards, but that is still uncertain. I've also been thinking about goals I would like to meet in 2012. There are many, but I have been trying to narrow it down and be more specific as to what I would like to change or grow in. The biggest area I see in my life is patience. I grow impatient at the littlest of things, and God has been revealing to me that patience is something He has shown towards me so often and that I should graciously give it towards others. I have really discovered over the past year my love for people. I want to love them well. Loving them well requires patience ("Love is patient" 1 Corinthians 13:4). If I want to love people well and be a light to others, growing in patience towards friends, family, co-workers, and even complete strangers is one way to do that. Another area I want to grow in is time management. I feel like I have learned quite a bit about it over the past year due to the fact that I work two jobs and have been in school full time, but I think there is area for improvement in how I spend my free time. I often use that free time to watch TV or sit around on facebook and pinterest. I want to find more productive ways to spend my time; maybe reading, spending time with Marissa, or more quiet time with God. 


So there is a little update on life. God is doing a lot in my life, and I see Him working in people around me. So encouraged, and I am thankful for his unending grace!

No comments:

Post a Comment