Sunday, March 13, 2011

just life :)

I should probably consider blogging more frequently. .I honestly just forget half the time. It's been five weeks since my last post. . .I'm sure lots has happened in the past five weeks, but I can't remember half of it :)


I have been on spring break this week. . it's been wonderful having a break from school! I think I was on information overload and couldn't take much more. I've been able to catch up with people and just relax! 


Something that's happened recently is a change in what I want to major in. I still would like to get my Associates Degree in Accounting, but I believe that God might be calling me to go into Biblical counseling. It's been on my heart since I was around 13 or 14, but I pushed it aside several years ago. Recently, it's been on my heart. . a lot. I love people, and I love helping people to the best of my ability. I care about people and what goes on in their lives, and I want to be able to help people when they are hurting. So I am praying. . and watching God move. It's been amazing at how many opportunities He has given me to observe what counseling can be like. I feel like even if I don't end up going into counseling that this season of life is full of things to learn. So that's the exciting thing in my life right now. .we'll see where it leads to :)


I've been convicted lately about not reading the Word enough. .something I have struggled with my entire life. I go through stages where I consistently seek God, but more often then not, I just go about each day without going to Him. Several weeks ago I heard in a message that our one responsibility is to go to Christ; then, God does the rest. Just one responsibility, and I act like I have this huge load of things to do Even if it's just five minutes, I need to stop and seek Him. He is our source of life, and if we're not going to that source, life becomes difficult and dry. So I am praying that I will begin to seek Him more.


So there's a little update on life. .hopefully I won't go an entire month before my next post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment