Monday, January 10, 2011

learning

Diversity. Sometimes I love it, and other times I hate it. I'm glad that no two people are exactly alike, but I tend to want to surround myself with people who are more like me. It's easier for me to get along with them, or be myself around them. Diversity is such a gift, but it also can make me squirm. I know God loves it. . .He created each of us differently, but I have such a hard time accepting that sometimes. Especially when it comes to different views on certain topics. I feel like it's easy for me to get caught up in the little details. . .such as politics or how people walk out day-to-day life. Those things are important, but they are not worth fighting over or getting myself worked up over. Diversity means having different personalities and opinions. I find myself trying to change other people. . whether it's over big things or little things. It's God who reveals things to us. I think it's good to be able to share opinions, but I need to be careful of how strongly I state them or judge people over them. So I'm learning . . . learning to love others despite our differences. I want to love the diversity because my Savior loves it.

On another note, school started today. I have my Public Speaking class on Mon., Weds., and Fridays. My teacher is awesome! He's very expressive and makes the class fun. I'm nervous about the class in general just because I don't feel confident speaking in front of a lot of people, but I'm hoping I'll get better at it :) Tomorrow I'll start my Accounting 2 class, Psychology, and Business Management. I'm most excited about Psychology. . .I think it will be fascinating to hear the different point of views. It's going to be a tough semester. . .especially while working two jobs, but it will be good for me! I'm excited :)


So I found this quote on a piece of paper this week, and I loved it. It's not related to this post at all, but I wanted to share it:
"the only sin that can successfully be fought against is forgiven sin"







No comments:

Post a Comment